- perspicacious: having a ready insight into and understanding of things.
- demagogue: a political leader who seeks support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument.
- scamp: a person, especially a child, who is mischievous in a likable or amusing way.
- contraband: goods that have been imported or exported illegally.
- affliction: something that causes pain or suffering.
- apoplectic: overcome with anger; extremely indignant.
- reticent: not revealing one’s thoughts or feelings readily.
- omission and commission: things you have failed to do, and things you have done.
- moratorium: a temporary prohibition of an activity.
- Unpriced Externality: A cost or benefit incurred by a party who did not choose to incur it. Examples include the benefit an oil company enjoys by not paying for the price of their impact climate change.
- tongue-in-cheek: without really meaning what one is saying or writing.
Words that mathematicians use:
Words that functional programmers use:
- side effect
P -> Q
antecedent --+ +-- consequent