- EditorConfig helps maintain consistent coding styles for multiple developers working on the same project across various editors and IDEs.
.gitignore file specifies intentionally untracked files that Git should ignore.
- When you execute something synchronously, you wait for it to finish before moving on to another task. When you execute something asynchronously, you can move on to another task before it finishes. [link]
- Angular is a development platform for building mobile and desktop web applications using TypeScript
package.json has metadata relevant to a project. It is to give information to npm that allows it to identify the project as well as handle the project’s dependencies.
- Docker is a set of platform as a service (PaaS) products that use OS-level virtualization to deliver software in packages called containers
package-lock.json describes the exact tree that was generated, such that subsequent installs are able to generate identical trees, regardless of intermediate dependency updates.
angular.json is at the root level of an Angular workspace and provides workspace-wide and project-specific configuration defaults for build and development tools provided by the Angular CLI.
Dockerfile is a text file that contains all commands, in order, needed to build a given docker image.
- Nginx is a web server which can also be used as a reverse proxy, load balancer, mail proxy and HTTP cache.
nginx.conf is the configuration file for Nginx. It consists of The configuration file consists of directives and their parameters.
Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for Angular and AngularJS applications. Protractor runs tests against your application running in a real browser, interacting with it as a user would.
tslint.json is used to configure tslint rules
tsconfig.json file in a directory indicates that the directory is the root of a TypeScript project. The tsconfig.json file specifies the root files and the compiler options required to compile the project.
.d.ts files contain typings which tells the compiler and editor about the libraries you load.
- Karma is a test runner. Quick feedback.
- TypeScript Handbook
scss and sass are a superset of css. sass = syntactically awesome style sheet.