On building companies (doing useful things)
- new enterance drives innovation more than anything, so try to get into those.
- there are ones that require a lot of capital to get into.
- investors: “tell us of your prior successes in this field?”
- What is expensive? Can it be made more affordable?
- Important: lower valuation w/ someone you really like VS higher valuation w/ someone you have a question mark about.. take the lower valuation. Better to have a high quality VC that would be great to work with.
- sources of capital + network of people
- don’t worry about the day to day fluctuations of the stock